Learn about Public Policy and Nonprofit Lobbying
UNA's public policy statement is a guide to nonprofit policy action. It outlines the purpose of UNA public policy involvement, sets criteria for determining UNA's position on legislative issues, and provides policy procedures for action on issues that affect Utah's nonprofit organizations.
UNA's public policy statement also serves as a template for other nonprofit organizations formulating their own policy statements.
Why Your Organization Should Participate in Public Policy
- Public Policy Advocacy: The Case for Nonprofit Engagement from Guidestar
- 10 Reasons to Lobby for Your Cause
- Why Nonprofits Should Participate in Public Policy
- FAQ's: Public Policy and Advocacy
- Nonprofit Advocacy Matters Newsletter
Articles to Get You Started
- Find your local, statewide, and national elected officials
- Helpful Tips for Contacting Legislators
- Nonprofit Lobbying Guide
- Nonprofit VOTE is the leading source of nonpartisan resources to help nonprofits integrate voter engagement into their ongoing activities and services. NP VOTE partners with America's nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote. Click HERE.
- Nonprofits and Lobbying
- The Powerful, Free, and Easy 501(h) Election: Benefits Galore!
The Legality of Lobbying
- Nonprofit Lobbying in the State of Utah
- Federal Law on Advocacy & Lobbying
- IRS Rules
- Government and Regulatory Links
- Additional Advocacy Resources